KMSC Law LLP in Edmonton is seeking a dedicated, experienced Legal Assistant with 2 or more years of experience as a Litigation Assistant to join our team!
We offer growth opportunities within the company for those proven to have the characteristics we are looking for.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A minimum of two years experience in a law firm, preferably in a litigation capacity
- Great organizational qualities and attention to detail
- Experience drafting pleadings; putting an Affidavit of Records together; scheduling discoveries; drafting memorandums, drafting letters and other legal correspondence; putting mediation memorandums together; trial prep; handle billing and time entries
- Experience in maintaining an efficient file management system
- Experience with maintaining a lawyer’s practice (scheduling, full calendar management-daily and proactively handle upcoming matters, email management, etc.)
- Experience Liaising with various health care professionals and medical consultants
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team, follow instructions with minimum supervision, and be able to thrive in a fast-paced, professional, collaborative environment
- A professional and friendly phone manner and email etiquette
- Strong working experience and knowledge with MS Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook
KMSC Law LLP understands the importance of each individual’s role in the success of our business. Our people are our greatest asset, we place enormous emphasis on ensuring that our staff are provided with opportunities and are rewarded for their hard work. This position is full-time and remuneration is based on experience.
We offer a great working atmosphere, competitive wages, and benefits packages. Wages are negotiable upon proven work experience.
Thank you to those who have submitted a resume, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit your resume to Melissa Knudsen [email protected]