Corporate Paralegal – Job Opening
January 3rd, 2018
We are currently looking for a strong Corporate Paralegal with Cores II or III accreditation. This full time permanent position offers a great opportunity to join a highly regarded law firm that has been proudly serving the Peace region for nearly 100 years.
The duties of the Corporate Paralegal include:
- Corporate annual maintenance and compliance and related filings with Corporate Registry;
- Maintain corporate records including minute books, trust books and client files;
- Name changes and share structure amendments;
- Dissolutions and revivals;
- Drafting various Directors and Shareholders Resolutions;
- Corporate reorganizations;
- Preparing legal documents, drafting letters, opening and closing files, booking appointments, account billing and filing;
- Conducting searches and preparing due diligence summaries;
- Corresponding internally with other members of the firm, as well as externally with clients in a timely and professional manner;
- Other duties, as required.
Ideal candidates should possess the following:
- Exceptional organizational and multitasking skills, with a high level of accuracy and strong attention to detail;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines;
- Willingness to exercise a significant degree of initiative, and be comfortable working independently as well as in a team environment;
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in corporate law;
- Proficiency in drafting and formatting legal documents;
- A minimum of CORES II accreditation required, CORES III preferred;
- ALF corporate database experience.
We offer a competitive salary & benefits package, opportunities for training & advancement, a unique firm culture, and a work/life balance.
If you are looking to join a firm that will provide a challenging yet rewarding opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter in confidence to our office manager:
Email: [email protected] or by fax: (780) 532-1158.