KMSC Law – Blog

We’re Hiring!

August 14th, 2017

We are looking for vibrant self-starters who aren’t afraid to take initiative or come up with new ideas! We have current job openings in the following positions (click the links for more information): Administrative Assistant (Surface Rights) – Mat Leave Position Corporate Paralegal If you are looking to join a firm that provides a challenging and rewarding team environment, please submit your resume and cover letter in confidence to: Fran Pedersen, Office Manager Email: [email protected] Fax:  (780) 532-1158  

Motor Vehicle and Pedestrian Accident Claims in Alberta

July 21st, 2017

Pedestrian Accident Claims

School’s Out, but Road Safety is Still in. That’s the message the RCMP wants to send, especially to the young drivers that are getting behind the wheel for the first time this summer. A second message that needs to make the rounds is that pedestrian safety is (practically speaking) a shared responsibility. As a pedestrian, you may think you always have the right of way, and in many cases cars and other motor vehicles must yield to pedestrians, but if…

Corporate Paralegal – Job Opening

June 29th, 2017

We are currently looking for a strong Corporate Paralegal with Cores II or III accreditation. This full time permanent position offers a great opportunity to join a highly regarded law firm that has been proudly serving the Peace region for nearly 100 years. The duties of the Corporate Paralegal include: Corporate annual maintenance and compliance and related filings with Corporate Registry; Maintain corporate records including minute books, trust books and client files; Name changes and share structure amendments; Dissolutions and…

How to Support Your Personal Injury Claim

June 20th, 2017

Support your personal injury claim, follow your doctor's advice.

After you’ve gotten over the initial trauma of your injuries and you are on the road to recovery, you may be wondering what steps to follow to cover your expenses and protect your financial security. Initially, that will take the form of Section B benefits under your own insurance policy, and if your injuries are the result of the negligence of another driver, you will have the ability to obtain compensation from the at-fault driver, usually through their insurance. In…

Section B benefits and injury compensation, what forms do you have to sign?

June 14th, 2017


Injury Compensation for Car Accident Injuries If you’ve been injured in a car or motor vehicle accident, there are two broad categories of compensation available to you. The first is accident benefits sometimes called Section B benefits. These are also called “no-fault” benefits because they are available to you, under your own insurance policy, regardless of who is at fault for the accident. The second category of compensation arises when your injuries are caused by the negligence of the other…