Erik can provide you with estate planning and administration advice and representation in the following areas of law: surface rights and expropriation, corporate/commercial and residential real estate. He has appeared on behalf of clients at all levels of court in the Province and before various boards and tribunals, including the Alberta Energy Regulator, Alberta Utilities Commission, and the Land and Property Rights Tribunal (formerly the Surface Rights Board).
Erik was born and raised in Edmonton. He previously worked for the Alberta public service. He earned his Bachelor of Commerce in Business at the University of Alberta in 2009 and obtained a Law Degree from the University of Kent in England in 2013. He was accredited by the Federation of Law Societies of Canada in 2015 and called to the Alberta Bar on July 15, 2016.
He has given seminars to the Grande Prairie Centre for Lifelong Learning, the Grande Prairie Public Library, Grande Prairie Legal Guidance, the Northern YMCA, Accredited Supportive Living Services, and others. He previously taught a Business Law course at Grande Prairie Regional College.
Erik and his wife Alissa are proud parents of their sons Llewyn and Bram. In his spare time Erik enjoys traveling, reading, running, and spending time with his dogs.
- Alberta Expropriation Association (AEA)
- Alberta Civil Trial Lawyers Association (ACTLA)
- Law Society of Alberta
- Canadian Bar Association
- Edmonton Bar Association
Lectures / Publications / Seminars / Presentations:
- Centre for Lifelong Learning (seminars)
- Northern YMCA (seminars)
- Accredited Supportive Living Services (seminars)
- Grande Prairie Legal Guidance (seminars)
- Board Chair, Grande Prairie Palliative Care Society
- Social Secretary, Grande Prairie Bar Association
- University of Kent, in England, UK (Honours) (L.L.B.)
- University of Alberta (Bachelor of Commerce, B.Comm)
- Federation of Law Societies, Certification (for overseas graduates)
Year of Call & Jurisdiction:
Relevant Pre-Law Experience:
- Worked in the Alberta public service for the Surface Rights Board as a Board Officer