Erik is a senior associate with KMSC Law LLP and can provide you with representation in his primary practice areas of Surface Rights and Expropriation Law, Business Law, Residential Real Estate, and Estate Planning and Administration.
He has appeared on behalf of clients at all levels of court in the Province and before various boards and tribunals, including the Alberta Energy Regulator, Alberta Utilities Commission, and the Land and Property Rights Tribunal (formerly the Surface Rights Board).
Erik was born and raised in Edmonton. He earned his Bachelor of Commerce in Business from the University of Alberta in 2009 and obtained his Law Degree from the University of Kent in England in 2013. He was accredited by the Federation of Law Societies of Canada in 2015 and called to the Alberta Bar on July 15, 2016.
Erik and his wife Alissa are proud parents of their sons Llewyn and Bram. In his spare time Erik enjoys traveling, reading, running, and spending time with his dogs.
- Alberta Expropriation Association (AEA)
- Alberta Civil Trial Lawyers Association (ACTLA)
- Law Society of Alberta
- Canadian Bar Association
- Edmonton Bar Association
Lectures / Publications / Seminars / Presentations:
- Centre for Lifelong Learning (seminars)
- Northern YMCA (seminars)
- Accredited Supportive Living Services (seminars)
- Grande Prairie Legal Guidance (seminars)
- Board Chair, Grande Prairie Palliative Care Society
- Social Secretary, Grande Prairie Bar Association
- University of Kent, in England, UK (Honours) (L.L.B.)
- University of Alberta (Bachelor of Commerce, B.Comm)
- Federation of Law Societies, Certification (for overseas graduates)
Year of Call & Jurisdiction:
- July 15, 2016, Alberta
Relevant Pre-Law Experience:
- Worked in the Alberta public service for the Surface Rights Board as a Board Officer