Jennifer is a partner with KMSC Law LLP. Her primary practice areas are corporate and commercial law, estate planning and administration, real estate and surface rights law.
Jennifer maintains a general corporate and commercial practice, which includes corporate finance (equity and debt), private mergers and acquisitions and general corporate matters. She has experience advising clients on a variety of corporate transactions, including asset and share transactions, corporate governance and reorganizations.
Jennifer also works with both individuals and business owners, advising them with respect to the areas of business succession, estate planning and administration.
Jennifer’s real estate practice focuses on all aspects of private and commercial real estate, including acquisitions and sales, finance, development projects and leasing. She has experience advising clients with respect to surface rights matters including new acquisitions for oil and gas related activity, damage claims and rental reviews.
Jennifer and her husband have three children and are raising them in the Bezanson area where her husband grew up. In her spare time, Jenn enjoys spending time with her family and friends, being outdoors and travelling.
I want to build a relationship with my clients where they feel comfortable and confident to give me a call no matter what their question or concern may be. I strive to be approachable and to communicate with my clients in a professional, effective and meaningful way.
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Alberta
- Grande Prairie Bar Association
- Law Society of British Columbia
- British Columbia Bar Association
Representative Work / Successful Cases:
- Legal counsel for the Grande Prairie Rotary Dream Home
Lectures / Publications / Seminars/ Presentations:
- I have done presentations in lots of public forums on the topics of real estate, estate planning and administration and surface rights. I volunteered through the Grande Prairie Council for Lifelong Learning and have spoken to various groups such as the Northwestern Polytechnic (formerly GPRC), Community Foundation and City of Grande Prairie employees
- Previous instructor of the Business Law Course at the Northwestern Polytechnic (formerly GPRC) (2012- 2014)
- President and Chair of Stoneridge Professional Building Condominium Board
- Member of the Capital Campaign Team for the construction of the Knelsen Centre
- Board Member of the Grande Prairie Bar Association (2012 – 2016)
- Board Member for Bezanson Recreational Society (2018 to Present)
- Volunteer at Grande Prairie Legal Guidance
- Member of Capital Campaign Team for construction of the Knelsen Centre in Bezanson
- Member of the Rotary Club of Grande Prairie (2018 to present)
- Member of the Joint Venture Committee for Grande Prairie Rotary Clubs
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Calgary (2004)
- Bachelor of Law, University of Saskatchewan (2008)
Year of Call & Jurisdiction:
- 2009 in Alberta
- 2021 in British Columbia